Saturday 12 July 2014

HSMJ the one in which Sir N features in the paper

In my life this week…
It's been a busy three weeks around here.  So much is going on that it's been rather difficult to find time to blog for fun it's all been work work work and for that I apologize.  I do not want a review only space here.  This is where I want to record the good things we do too.

This past week I really enjoyed reading this photo journal of children enjoying the great outdoors and playing together.  Grab a cup of tea and I hope you will enjoy them too.   30 Magical Photos Of Children Playing Around The Worl. 


Two weeks ago we had the privileged of going to the zoo and meeting a Bandicoot and seeing the new enclosure at the zoo as well as working with the press in a photographic session.  This is the picture that featured in the local news paper recently. You can see the article online here: Werribee Zoo opens new nocturnal hub in fight to save endangered bandicoot


In our home school this week…
  • Sir N enjoyed a first aid course presented by BUMPS First Aid.
  • Continued with recorder lessons.  They are definitely improving.  Hear them play.
  • Done two lessons from the Drawing Textbook.
  • Watched part one from the documentary The Map Makers.
  • Completed book three of the Little House books and started the audio book By the Shores of Silver Lakes.
  • Lots of reading.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • The Zoo.  We have been three times in nearly as many days.  We went to enjoy the Night Zoo experience at Werribee Open Range Zoo.
  • BUMPS first Aid Class
  • Library craft class.
  • Met some of Paul's instagram buddies and joined them for an Open Vehicle Adventure at the zoo.
  • We used Sir N's birthday gift and spent an afternoon at Dinosaur Adventures.

My favourite thing this week was…
Questions/thoughts I have…
Things I’m working on…
In Bloggy world I’m reading…
I’m cooking…

On Pinterest I found...
I’m grateful for…
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Loved watching this YouTube clip about Wild Nights at Werribee Zoo and seeing Paul in it.


Blessings

Chareen

Homegrown Learners

Photo collages made with: Photoscape a FREE photo editor

4 comments:

  1. pretty cool that your son was on the front cover of the paper!! And in a totally good way! LOL

    The article about sleepovers was thought-provoking (and the one about menopause was hilarious!) to be sure. We do allow sleepovers but are very particular about who the families are. They are always people that we know very well, and have known over a long period of time. All of parenting is risk management, in a way, and sleepovers is one area in which I need to be sure the potential risk is VERY low.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun Kym waiting for the paper to arrive and to see if it was in there. I got such a buzz when it was :)

      Sleep overs for us are the same although Sir N doesn't like sleeping away from us :) so it hasn't been an issue.

      Delete
  2. Your hmsj's are always my fav of your posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin. They're my favourite ones to write :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥