Tuesday 10 December 2013

Our Year in Review {2013}


I can't believe that there are only three weeks left in 2013!  This week has been super busy with the launch of the new crew year.  Meeting the new ladies on the team, organizing all the behind the scenes things that need to take place in order to bring what's new in the curriculum world.  Changing things up on Pinterest and planning for the year ahead...

I have been a little stunned by this being the final Homeschool Help post for 2013! This is edition 30 of the series and it's a reflective one.  It feels like the other day that I shared about our year in review for 2012.

This year has seen some great changes in our homeschool.  I have been challenged and stretched in a good way by my fellow Homeschool Help crew who have inspired me to grow and think more deeply about the things that are a part of our home education journey and to them I say thank you so very much you have made my life so much richer with your insight and wisdom.  Keep blogging and sharing of yourselves.  To Savannah I say thank you so much for the opportunity this year to be a part of this journey.

For Sir N we were both a part of the Schoolhouse Review Crew and with that territory came new experiences.  Together we reviewed
  • Two Apps
  • 5 Books
  • 11 curriculum's
We each had our definite favourites and altogether it's been a wonderful experience and I am truly blessed to have been a part of the crew journey for 2012.

I participated in two 5 day blog hops

Sir N and I still did a few field trips and sadly many of them did not make it onto the blog this year.  A thing I am planning to change in 2014, so watch this space. Field Tips is something I feel quite strongly about as it's a wonderful way to use your environment to grow in relations. Some of the trips we did do are
  • We went to Melbourne central at night to see the Christmas lights
  • Went to see Melvin Tix in concert
  • Attended a workshop in the Melbourne Botanical Gardens
  • A couple of trips to the zoo
  • Did our annual Night Zoo trip
  • Attended three science days at a highschool science lab 
  • Saw the Claude Monet exhibition
  • Started a trip to the Simpson Desert.  Sadly this was cancled a week in due to my brothers car catching on fire ... 
  • We went to witness an Annular Solar Eclipse in Balarat.
  • Attended a Not Back to School Party
  • We went to a stage production to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  This was simply marvelous and if it comes your way do go see it.
  • We also went to see Cinderella the ballet for children.  I hope to do this again.
  • We also attended a few Melbourne Symphony Orchestra things which was amazing and has broadened my horizons tremendously.
  • The Immigration Museum
  • A day at The Shrine of Remembrance
  • We explored the first cathedral in Melbourne: St James Old Cathedral.
  • Sir N had the privilege of releasing some Bandicoots at Werribee Open Range Zoo with his Dad.
All in all it's been a busy but fruitful year.  Looking back has helped me appreciate just how blessed we are as a family and for that I am grateful.  Taking time to count these blessings has renewed my enthusiasm for home educating and I look forward to many more adventures in 2014.  I would love to hear about your year and some of the high lights that have encouraged you.  If you have blogged about it please leave a link so I can come and read or leave a comment telling me which thing was your favourite.

Chareen

This post is part of the Homeschool Help series brought to you by a group of home school Mom's from around the globe.  Do not forget to visit and read their inspirational insight.



This week
 ---ooOoo---

Thank you to Free Digital Images for the 2013 image by Idea Go

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥