Tuesday 25 September 2012

TT - Fire Safety Resources

 Welcome to Tuesdays Treasures.  I started these posts as a way of sharing great books in honour of my friend in New Zealand who would arrive with the treasures she had unearthed at her weekly trip to the library!

There are so many wonderful books out there hiding on shelves so I invite you to blog about a book on your shelf, one you're reading or one you found at the library and add your post to Learning All the Time Favourite Resource Link Up

This week ...
we have been studying fires and fire safety here at home.   I thought I would share the resources we have used.

Field Trips
Craft
From our Library.
  • Fire, Friend or Enemy ? by Kingfisher Kaleidoscopes.
  • Look Inside Machines - Fire Fighters - Jon Kirkwood (Sir N's favourite book)
  • In Time of Need - Fire by Sean Connolly
  • Learning Ladders - Community Helpers by World Book
  • Fire Service by Margaret Metz
  • Fire Services by Nicolas Brasch
Experiment
On YouTube
Notebook Pages
On the WWW
We have had a great time exploring fire safey.  Can you recommend any fire safety sites for us to visit ?

Blessings





This post is linking with 
Learning ALL the Time!!! - Favourite Resources.
Homegrown Learners - Collage Friday

10 comments:

  1. Another great collection of resources, Chareen! My husband is a volunteer firefighter, so we have a special appreciation for firefighters and fire safety issues. Thanks for sharing at Favorite Resources :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide
    credit and sources back to your weblog? My website is in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would
    genuinely benefit from some of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did quite a few fire safety and education lessons to go along with a really cute book - Miss Mingo - who is a flamingo. And we made a fire hat that was part of our kindergarten curriculum last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I popped on over to your fire safety post, the resources you shared were amazing. I especially liked the links to hands on tutorials. That book looks cute, I have a soft spot for beautiful children's books. Thank you so much letting me know about it.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful list of resources!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen. It was a lot of fun doing it with N when he was younger.

      Delete
  5. It has been a long time since we've talked about fire safety in our homeschool. I might have to think about doing this again. We used to visit the fire station regularly while in scouts, but haven't for a few years. Those were always great field trips. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my children were younger it surprised me how often I would need to remind them as it would fall off their radar so easily. Our fire station regularly hosts fire safety lessons to the public, does yours?

      Delete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥